Football (Soccer) insanity is personified in a new 3D collaboration between Santo, (Buenos Aires, London, Milan) and Bent Image Lab, (Portland Oregon). Helmed by mixed-media maestro Carlos Lascano, “Spirit of the Euro” is an outrageous romp through stylized landscapes of Eastern Europe with an eccentric cast of chameleonic characters. The Coke-drinking, silly dancing, trumpet blowing, costume wearing, song chanting, stranger hugging football fans are a unique combination of CG animation and real actors’ eyes—a first for Coca-Cola, and a ground breaking technique for cinema 3D stereo. Continue reading... “BENT Does Coke in Europe”
3D Movies, 3D-TV, 3D video games…
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the last year or two, you’ve probably seen the re-birth of 3D in the digital world, and you may have some questions…
- How does it work?
- Do you always need to wear glasses?
- Why does it give me a headache?
- How different is production?
- Post production?
- What editing tools are available? FCP? Avid?
- How can I distribute 3d content? BluRay? Web? Mobile?
- Has it already failed in the marketplace?