Ready, Set, LAUNCH!
We are looking for storytellers for the LAUNCH Student Film Competition with short films that are innovative, creative, original, inspiring, relevant, compelling, entertaining, thought-provoking, funny, and unique.
Do you have a great story to share? Here’s what you need to know:
- No entry fee—it’s FREE!
- Films need to be 5 minutes or under.
- Genres include animation, claymation, documentary, or narrative—it’s up to you!
- Five categories: grades K-5, 6-8, 9-12, college undergrads, and PridePrize.
- Winners receive CASH prizes!
- Students must live in Coos, Curry, Douglas, Jackson, Josephine or Klamath counties in OR; Del Norte or Siskiyou counties in CA.
- Fill out the LAUNCH Entry Form today!
- Have a question? Check out our LAUNCH FAQs, or contact us at [email protected].
- LAUNCH winning films from past festivals can be viewed on our website.
- Deadline ~ January 15, 2016.
Introducing the PridePrize
A Component of the LAUNCH Film Competition
To celebrate diversity, identity, and discovery through the art of film, we now offer a special prize for outstanding student-made films that speak to the LGBTQ+ experience. All regional student filmmakers, grades 9-12 and college undergrads, are eligible for the PridePrize ($500) if the following criteria are met:
- First, you must be eligible for the LAUNCH competition (see Submission info).
- Next, your film must comply with LAUNCH guidelines.
- Finally, the film must be LGBTQ+ themed.
Your LGBTQ+ friendly film may be about youth/adults and the issues (social, political, etc.), contemporary or historical, which affect the lives of individuals, groups,
their communities, and our society at-large.