Development Associate – NW Documentary
NW Documentary seeks a Development Associate to direct fundraising and development activities to sustain, grow, and enhance the organization. Reporting to and in partnership with the Founding Artistic Director, the Development Associate will spearhead development efforts as NW Documentary continues to grow. This is an excellent opportunity for an outgoing fundraiser with strong grant-writing skills who wants to be directly involved in the growth and success of a small media arts non-profit.
- Designs, implements and manages all fundraising activities including annual giving, grant writing, and building membership
- Develops and maintains relationships with donors, local businesses, and NW Documentary’s growing community
- Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations; including researching prospective donors
- Researches, maintains contact with, and develops grant proposals for grant organizations, foundations, and corporations
- Manages and plans fundraising events focused on engaging, educating, and inspiring donors
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and Resource Council to attract new Board and Council members and to coordinate projects with current members
- Works with Operations Manager to updates contact information and grant opportunities in Salesforce.com
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter with a track record of successful development experience
- Knowledge of non-profit development practices and principles
- Marketing experience a major plus
- Efficient with Mac computers, Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com
- Exceptional skill in both verbal and written communication
- A genuine passion for documentary storytelling
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and commitment
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Non-profit Administration, Arts Management, or closely related field, plus 3-5 years of directly related development experience
NW Documentary offers a nonprofit wage of $15/hour and health benefits.
This is a part-time position of 15-20 hours per week with room for growth. Ideally, this position will begin in April 2014.
About NW Documentary:
Established in 2003, NW Documentary practices, teaches, and shares the art of non-fiction storytelling. We illuminate important stories that would otherwise be lost or overlooked, provide experiential learning opportunities, and generate better understanding, appreciation, and dialog within our community. Find out more at www.nwdocumentary.org
Please email a resume, the names and contact information of three references, and a cover letter to Ian McCluskey, Artistic Director, [email protected]. Please be specific regarding your past development successes. Letters of recommendation encouraged. Deadline for application is March 31st.