The Guilds and Unions of the Entertainment Industry invite the entire Portland production community and their families to the first ever of its kind event:
Priority #1: Safety On Set Expo & Workers Memorial Event
We have been too often reminded of the the dangers of the work we do. Tragedy struck this recently with a Rigger at Coachella Festival falling to his death while setting up for the concert: https://variety.com/2019/music/news/coachella-worker-dies-after-fall-festival-1203182450/. Locally we had a too close call in Portland in April with a car stunt gone wrong with a camera operator and sound mixer in the back seat on the filming of the non-union, Discovery documentary “The Wonderland Murders.”
Whether working on a non-union or Union project, we must always be vigilant to making SAFETY Priority #1.
Join us on April 27th from 12:30- 5:00 PM at the sound stage located at 11245 SE Hwy 212 Clackamas, OR 97015.
We hope the afternoon of presentations & demos will introduce and provide valuable information to our community including:
- First person stories of incidents & accidents on set from Local crew
- Safety Apps & Resources available from the Unions & Guilds
- Intro to the brand newly established crew position of Intimacy Coordinator
- Drone Safety
- Vehicle & Locations Safety.
Also available will be booths and displays with valuable information on:
- Mental Health for Entertainment Professionals
- The 12 On / 12 Off Campaign to address sleep deprivation in our industry
- Safety For Sarah Campaign
- I.A.T.S.E. 488 Safety & Equipment Training Demos
- Stunt safety
- Entertainment industry Safety Bulletins
- Oregon OSHA Reps & safety info
- the Portland Police Bureau
- the Portland Fire Department
- I.A.T.S.E. 488 First Aid/Medics
- Oregon Film
- Pacific Grip & Lighting
- Local, regional, and national safety equipment vendors.
April 28th is Workers’ Memorial Day.
With events like this Safety Expo we can prevent this unnecessary loss of life in our workplace and make sure all of us go home to our loved ones after a day on set.
Please register for the event at: https://www.facebook.com/events/2024983377795586/
Members of Teamsters Local 305 & 399
To volunteer for the event load in April 26th or for the event April 27th, please email cdavid cottrill at IATSE 488 : [email protected]