As a HouseSpecial animator, you will create the performance of computer graphics characters and objects within a shot, using animation software tools such as Maya to convey emotion, movement action and personality. Our teams move fast; we never compromise on creativity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to plan out shots using thumbnail drawings or other forms of thought out planning.
- Can block in rough animation with strong clear posing, acting, timing & appeal for Director, and/or Supervisor, approval within a reasonable amount of time.
- Implement Director, Supervisor and/or Client feedback to the highest possible quality of animation.
- Can meet animation deadlines as established by production management.
- Maintain a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Be consistently present in dailies, shot turn overs and other related meetings.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Animate props and effects, if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively safeguards HouseSpecial’s Proprietary and Confidential Information.
- 3+ years of experience as a CG Character Animator in a fast-paced environment such as commercial, film or game production.
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles.
- High level of expertise in Maya.
- Ability to bring characters to life.
- A firm understanding of an animation pipeline.
- Fluent in other CG skills is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Film, Fine Art or Computer Science or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experiences.
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Open to taking direction and able to embrace change.
- Strong attention to detail, communication skills, a great attitude and common sense.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by in a CG Animator role and do not comprise the definitive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.