BENT Image Lab is currently accepting applications for an Executive Assistant/Production Coordinator
The executive assistant/production coordinator works directly with the Executive Producer to effectively prioritize, organize, and manage the production workflow. Assistant responsibilities include managing the EP’s daily schedule, meeting and conference call facilitation, providing regular status updates to keep EP informed of all important production information, and completing a variety of ad hoc support tasks independently and on schedule. Coordination responsibilities include scheduling, budgeting and monitoring production work assigned by the EP and serving as the general internal point of contact between the EP and all studio departments, facilitating effective and timely communication between EP and various production teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage EP’s daily schedule, including scheduling all calls, meetings and travel plans.
- Serve as key communication liaison between the EP and all in-house parties and departments, providing the EP with concise updates regarding all assigned projects, working independently to ensure targets are met, and prioritizing all needs to ensure that EP can complete in-house responsibilities efficiently.
- Work with EP to define and manage the schedule for completion of projects. Track and manage assigned work to ensure projects are on schedule for each department and are meeting internal and external deadlines.
- Design, complete and review project plans and budgets with EP.
- Conduct research and provide concise reports to EP in preparation for meetings, pitches and production.
- Organize and file all relevant documents, communications, and internal studio records; provide records to EP as needed.
- Update EP on key staff schedules (sick days, vacation approvals) daily, weekly, as needed.
- Facilitate meetings and calls including internal production meetings, external client/agency meetings and conference calls. This includes scheduling, drafting agendas and taking minutes.
- Supervise and train assigned Production Assistants and/Production Coordinators as needed.
- Assist in answering phones and taking messages
- Receive meeting participants
- Ensure EP is informed and prepared for all daily operations of the Studio.
- At least 3 years working in animation or live-action production in an organizational capacity, or at least 5 years working as an executive assistant with significant project management responsibilities in a creative-media, deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience working in high-pressure creative environments to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience creating project plans including schedules, milestones, and budgets and effectively managing work within as part of a team to hit goals.
- Demonstrated track record of conducting research to produce high-quality written, oral and visual communications on tight deadlines.
- At least 4 years experience working with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel in a professional capacity.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of direct commercial animation production experience, including both project management and hands-on production/post-production experience.
- Hands on experience in animation production.
- Experience managing production pipelines, asset archives and operational records.
- Experience writing and/or reviewing creative bids and RFPs.
- Experience in client-facing role such as reception or client services for a commercial film or animation company.
- Demonstrate proficiency and interest in assisting social media messaging for BENT corporate; including LinkedIn site, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Bachelor’s degree in film, animation, advertising, design or related field.
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail; ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of production/post-production techniques and terminology.
- Demonstrated discretion, good judgment and ability to make effective, independent decisions with incomplete information on tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain professional, friendly demeanor when under pressure.
- Excellent relationship-building skills; this position requires someone comfortable collaborating with a diverse range of people to produce quality work on deadline and on budget.
- Willingness to work after-hours and weekends when necessary.
- Great sense of humor.
BENT IMAGE LAB is a hybrid animation laboratory and live action production studio where award-winning filmmakers, artists, storytellers, animators, and designers come together to create projects for a diverse clientele. The studio stretches the boundaries of concept and design. It is a laboratory where exploration and play go hand in hand. We are located in Portland, Oregon.
Pay commensurate with experience.
Submit resumes to [email protected].
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.