July 1st will mark the beginning of a new fiscal year and a new round of funding for our film incentive programs. As a result, we are preparing to open up the application process for our “local filmmaker” program, commonly referred to as the Indigenous Oregon Production Investment Fund (iOPIF).
We will begin accepting iOPIF applications on May 4th, 2015. Our iOPIF Advisory Committee will evaluate all applications submitted between May 4th and May 8th as having been submitted at the same time. We are looking for projects that are fully financed and ready to be produced this year.
– No applications will be accepted before May 4, 2015.
– The iOPIF application form is available here (PDF)…
– All applications must be submitted electronically to [email protected]
– In order for applications to be considered complete, the following must be attached:
• Script, synopsis, or project bid
• Budget (including Oregon projected spending)
• Production schedule
• Finance plan
• Proof of funding
• Producer’s letter of intent
Full details on the iOPIF incentive program can be found on our website: oregonfilm.org/incentives
As a reminder, the legislation for iOPIF now allows local “media production services” to be eligible for rebates through the program. Media production services, as defined in the bill, include post-production services and interactive video game development. For more information on the changes to the iOPIF that went into effect last year, please read our previous posting and FAQ here…
We will notify all applicants of the status of their application by the end of May. If you have any questions on the application process or the iOPIF program, please email [email protected].