As we near July and the beginning of a new fiscal year, we are preparing to open up the application process for our “local filmmaker” program, commonly referred to as the Indigenous Oregon Production Investment Fund (iOPIF).
We will begin accepting iOPIF applications on May 5th, 2014. Our iOPIF Advisory Committee will evaluate all applications submitted between May 5th and May 9th as having been submitted at the same time. We are looking for projects that are fully financed and ready to be produced this year.
– No applications will be accepted before May 5, 2014.
– All applications must be submitted electronically to [email protected]
– In order for applications to be considered complete, the following must be attached:
• Script, synopsis, or project bid
• Budget (including Oregon projected spending)
• Production schedule
• Finance plan
• Proof of funding
• Producer’s letter of intent
Full details on the iOPIF incentive program can be found on our website: oregonfilm.org/incentives
Due to recent changes in the legislation for iOPIF, local “media production services” are now eligible for rebates through the program. Media production services, as defined in the bill, will include post-production services and interactive video game development. For more information on the recent changes to the iOPIF, please read our previous posting and FAQ here…
We will notify all applicants of the status of their application by the end of May. If you have any questions on the application process or the iOPIF program, please email [email protected].