Here is some useful info on navigating unemployment claims from Rep. Christine Drazan:
If you are experiencing issues with your claims or need to file, here are some things you can do to get things moving:
- NEW CLAIM FILERS https://secure.emp.state.or.us/ocs4/index.cfm?u=F20200413A143729B75039469.7934&lang=E
- HAVING ANY ISSUES WITH YOUR OPEN CLAIM OR HAVEN’T HEARD ANYTHING BACK FROM OED: Send claim information to: [email protected]OR [email protected] – To get into the cue. They will respond within a week.
- CAUGHT UP IN THE RECENT ‘RE-START YOUR CLAIM’ GLITCH AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED? Send claim information to: [email protected]OR[email protected] – To get into the cue. They will respond within a week.
- DENIED BENEFITS, you believe to be incorrect? You can reach out to OED directly to appeal the decision, with your claim information, to: [email protected] – The resolution time is approximately 30 days.
- SELF-EMPLOYED or INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS: You CAN apply for unemployment right now. THE OED is currently working to process these claims. If you have already submitted a claim and have been denied, please refer to the step above on appealing your claim.
- MAKING MORE ON UNEMPLOYMENT AND REFUSING TO ACCEPT AND RETURN TO YOUR FORMER JOB POSITION, IF OFFERED? This is a BIG NO-NO. Best not to chance it because the result will not be in your favor.
- SIGN UP FOR EMPLOYMENT DEPARTMENT UPDATES HERE:https://govstatus.egov.com/ORUnemployment_COVID19