Help BendFilm fund the production of a local, women-led short film to be shot in Central Oregon. They only need $2,500 from this campaign to match a $2,500 grant from the Roundhouse Foundation. “The gender disparity in our industry is embarrassingly low and we need to be the spark that creates change!”
Here’s how the film production process will work:
– With your help, raise $2,500 through July 18th via this Seed&Spark Campaign.
– Issue a request for proposal from local female filmmakers about their film on July 19th.
– Begin film project evaluations on August 20th.
– Award the full $5,000 short film production fund on September 3rd.*
– Film completion deadline by August 1, 2019.
– World Premiere of film October 10-13, 2019.
BendFilm believes film has a unique power to unite communities and inspire action. And the film industry itself is in desperate need of change-especially in regard to celebrating the work of emerging female artists. Through a matching $2,500 grant from Oregon’s Roundhouse Foundation, we are inviting you to join us in creating the change that is needed. Together, we can give one deserving, local woman filmmaker an incredible opportunity to produce a short film that will also screen at the 16th Annual BendFilm Festival in October 2019. By eliminating the financial burden of making a short film, this talented and promising emerging filmmaker will be able to focus on the production and artistic content. The film will be shot in Central Oregon as a way to celebrate the natural beauty of our region while supporting talented local crew and businesses. We need your help in fostering the career of the next disrupter in this artform!