July 1st will mark the beginning of a new fiscal year and a new round of funding for our film incentive programs. As a result, we are preparing to open up the application process for our “local filmmaker” program, commonly referred to as the Indigenous Oregon Production Investment Fund (iOPIF).
We will begin reviewing and accepting iOPIF applications on May 2nd, 2016. Our iOPIF Advisory Committee will evaluate all applications submitted between May 2nd and May 6th as having been submitted at the same time and allocate the limited iOPIF funds accordingly. We are looking for projects that are fully financed and ready to be produced this coming fiscal year.
– Please feel free to call or email Tim Williams with your questions on the requirements, the application process and/or your specific project (971 254 4021, [email protected])
– No applications will be accepted before May 2, 2016.
– All applications must be submitted electronically to [email protected]
– In order for applications to be considered complete, the following must be attached:
• Budget (including Oregon projected spending)
• Production schedule
• Finance plan
• Proof of funding
• Producer’s letter of intent
Full details on the iOPIF incentive program can be found on our website: oregonfilm.org/incentives
As a reminder, the legislation for iOPIF allows local “media production services” to be eligible for rebates through the program. Media production services, as defined in the bill, include post-production services and interactive video game development. For more information on the changes to the iOPIF that went into effect last year, please read our previous posting and FAQ here…
We will notify all applicants of the status of their application by the end of May. If you have any questions on the application process or the iOPIF program, please email [email protected].