Position: 3D Studio Max Technical Director
Bent Image Lab is seeking Pipeline TD’s for all areas of production including animation, stereoscopic and visual effects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Model, rig, texture, light and render 3D CG characters and effects.
• Work effectively with animators, compositors and production for timely and creative results.
• Effective troubleshooting of character setup, animations issues, lighting and rendering problems.
• Maintains a high level of quality while working on multiple projects under aggressive deadlines.
• Communicates with other VFX staff and departments on status of CG work
• Able to manage time effectively and give accurate assessments of the workload and the time required to complete tasks.
• At least 3 years of professional experience as a Technical Director doing modeling and one or more of the following areas: animation, surfacing, character setup, fx animation, lighting, and rendering.
• In depth knowledge of 3d Max is a must.
• Experience with vRay, zbrush or Mudbox, Synth-Eyes, After Effects or Nuke and other 3ds max plugins is a plus.
• Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment; previous experience in commercial and/or film effects.
• Experience with effects-related tools and techniques a plus (Cloth/hair/fur/fume FX/Real Flow/Particle Flow).
Please include your current location and your willingness to relocate for the duration of a job.
BENT IMAGE LAB is a hybrid animation laboratory and live action production studio where award-winning filmmakers, artists, storytellers, animators, and designers come together to create projects for a diverse clientele. The studio stretches the boundaries of concept and design. It is a laboratory where exploration and play go hand in hand. We are located in Portland, Oregon.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Submit reels and resumes to [email protected] and/or:
Bent Image Lab
2729 SE Division St.
Portland, OR 97202