Under New York State’s Wage Theft Prevention Act (“WTPA”), Employers are required to provide a Payroll Notification to workers at the time of hire that advises workers of their rate of pay and regular pay date.
- This form is required each time you are hired, even if you have worked for that employer in the past.
- The form must be completed within 10 days of the date of hire.
- Working under a union contract or collective bargaining agreement (“CBA”) does not absolve the employer of this responsibility.
- The State of New York has specifically stated that union workers must also receive this notification since union contracts typically include more than one rate of pay.
- Workers are entitled to receive the form in their primary language as well as in English, if the State of New York has published the form in their primary language. The form is currently available in Spanish, Korean, and Chinese, in addition to English.
The NY WTPA took effect on April 9, 2011.
Additional information about the NY WTPA is available at the NY Department of Labor website at: http://www.labor.ny.gov/workerprotection/laborstandards/workprot/lshmpg.shtmAs always, feel free to call or email us with any payroll questions. [email protected], 503-850-4742