CG Texture Artist Intern – Fall 2013
- Tracking Code
LAIKA/house, located in Portland, Oregon, is an eclectic team of passionate artists focused on crafting memorable content across all mediums of animation (CG, 2D and Stop Motion), live action and visual effects. Acclaimed visual storytellers, we collaborate with global advertising agencies to spark life into branded characters and enrich creative concepts across tangible and digital realities. If you’ve watched prime-time TV or spent any time online in the past 30 years, you’ve experienced our work with clients including Apple, Coca-Cola, ESPN, M&M’S, Kellogg’s, Honda, Planters and Frito Lay.
LAIKA/house’s CG Texture Artist Intern will gain valuable “hands on” production experience and training by working 40 hours a week in collaboration with our skilled professionals. Interns are supported and challenged as they benefit from over 35 years of renowned expertise dedicated to breakthrough animation.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with Lead Artists to develop surfaces and textures for characters, props and set elements.
- Establish/follow the look of multiple design projects in support of the Director’s vision.
- Partner with Modeling, Rigging, Lighting, and FX Artists to troubleshoot creative and technical issues.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Communicate effectively with production management, creative leads and technical support teams.
- Meet deadlines as established by production management.
- Actively safeguards LAIKA’s Proprietary and Confidential Information.
- Completed Junior year or has graduated within the last two years with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Animation, Fine Arts or other relevant area of study.
- Strong Photoshop skills preferred.
- Experience with Maya, Mental Ray and Nuke preferred.
- Working knowledge of Xbrush and/or Bodypaint, Texture Artist or Digital Painter is a plus.
- Experience in advanced surface types, global illumination and subsurfacing scattering a plus.
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Open to taking direction and able to embrace change.
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, communication skills, a great attitude, and work ethic.
Apply for this position >
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Location: Portland, Oregon, United States
Position Type: Intern